Skip To Content

Faculty Advancement

Faculty Advancement

Background Image


Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Leave

Faculty members who wish to apply for a Sabbatical Leave or a Difference-in-Pay Leave may use the relevant forms listed below. Please check with your college dean's office regarding leave eligibility.

Factors Impacting Sabbatical Eligibility
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Timeline 2016-2017 (to be taken 2017-2018)
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Application
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Promissory Note
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Description of Attachable Assets
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Human Subjects Form
Sabbatical Report Guidelines
Sample Sabbatical Report Memo 

Faculty members are required to submit a report on their activities by October 15 of the academic year following sabbatical leave.  Faculty Advancement recommends a written report (maximum three pages) that describes activities proposed, work completed, and benefit to the university. 

Personal or Professional Leave

Faculty members who wish to take a personal or professional leave-without-pay may use the relevant form below. These types of leaves must be approved by your department chair/school director and dean before submission to Faculty Advancement.

Leave of Absence Without Pay Request Form: Tenured and Probationary Faculty
Parental Leave Application Form 


Manchester Hall 3310
Office Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am to 4:30pm
Telephone: (619) 594-6111
Fax: (619) 594-2254
General Email: