Sabbatical or Difference-In-Pay Leave
Faculty members who wish to apply for a Sabbatical Leave or a Difference-in-Pay Leave may use the relevant forms listed below. Please check with your college dean's office regarding leave eligibility.
Factors Impacting Sabbatical Eligibility
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Timeline 2017-2018 (to be taken 2018-2019)
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Application
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Promissory Note
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Description of Attachable Assets
Sabbatical or Difference-in-Pay Human Subjects Form
Sabbatical Report Guidelines
Sample Sabbatical Report Memo
Faculty members are required to submit a report on their activities by October 15 of the academic year following sabbatical leave. Faculty Advancement recommends a written report (maximum three pages) that describes activities proposed, work completed, and benefit to the university.
Personal or Professional Leave
Faculty members who wish to take a personal or professional leave-without-pay may use the relevant form below. These types of leaves must be approved by your department chair/school director and dean before submission to Faculty Advancement.
Leave of Absence Without Pay
Parental leave is a paid leave associated with the birth of an employee's own child or the placement of a child with the employee in connection with adoption or foster care. This type of absence is not charged against the employee's leave credits, and the amount of paid days received is based on employee category. Paid Parental Leave may run concurrently with any other related leaves for which the employee is eligible. Faculty who are parents are entitled to:
- Up to 30 work days of paid parental leave, to begin within the “pregnancy disability period” that spans from 60 days before the anticipated birth to 75 days after or reduced workload, with Dean’s approval.
- Leave sharing with a spouse / partner who is also employed by the CSU.
- Extension of the probationary faculty time period for up to one academic year.
- Up to 15 paid workdays of accrued sick leave within the so-called “pregnancy disability period.”
- Up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave (job-protected) within a 12 month period (FMLA).