Joanna Brooks joined Faculty Advancement in July 2015. She earned her Ph.D. in English from the University of California, Los Angeles. She joined the SDSU faculty in 2006 as an Associate Professor of English and Comparative Literature and has served as department chair and Associate Dean of Graduate and Research Affairs.
An award-winning scholar of religion, race, gender, and American culture, she is the author or editor of nine books including American Lazarus: Religion and the Rise of African-American and Native American Literatures (Oxford UP, 2003), Transatlantic Feminisms in the Age of Revolutions (Oxford UP, 2012), and Mormon Feminism: Essential Writings (Oxford UP, 2015). Her commentaries about religion and American life and politics have been featured in venues from National Public Radio and the BBC to the Daily Show and the Washington Post.
Office Manager & Administrative Analyst[email protected]
- Faculty Data Requests
- Personnel Action Files
- Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion
- Periodic Evaluations
- Records Retention
Career Services Specialist[email protected]
- General Information and Appointment Scheduling
- New Faculty Events and Programs
- Personal and Professional Leave Processes
- Resignation & Retirement Procedures
Christinejoy Sampankanpanich, M.P.A.
Regulations & Compliance Specialist[email protected]
- J-1 Exchange Visitor Program
- H-1B Visas for Tenure/Tenure-Track Faculty
- Sabbatical and Difference-in-Pay Leaves
- Award Programs