Faculty members who wish to take a personal or professional leave-without-pay may use the relevant form below. These types of leaves must be approved by your department chair/school director and dean before submission to Faculty Advancement.
Personal or Professional Leave of Absence Without Pay
Parental leave is a paid leave associated with the birth of an employee's own child or the placement of a child with the employee in connection with adoption or foster care. This type of absence is not charged against the employee's leave credits, and the amount of paid days received is based on employee category. Paid Parental Leave may run concurrently with any other related leaves for which the employee is eligible. Faculty who are parents are entitled to:
- Up to 30 work days of paid parental leave, to begin within the “pregnancy disability period” that spans from 60 days before the anticipated birth to 75 days after or reduced workload, with Dean’s approval.
- Up to 15 paid workdays of accrued sick leave within the so-called “pregnancy disability period.”
- Up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave (job-protected) within a 12 month period (FMLA).
- Leave sharing with a spouse / partner who is also employed by the CSU.
- With approval, intermittent (non-consecutive workday) leave and workload reduction in lieu of 30 day parental leave.
Sabbatical or Difference-In-Pay Leave
Faculty members who wish to apply for a Sabbatical Leave or a Difference-in-Pay Leave may use the relevant forms and process found here. Please check with your college dean's office regarding leave eligibility.